In 1146, the knight Gauthier de Marbais and his mother Judith invited the monks of the abbey of Clairvaux (France) to found a new abbey at Villers on their lands. A small group of 17 monks established themselves at Villers.
Mandatory face mask in the queue, visitor's Centre and at the cash desks.
Update 30/11/2020: The Abbey remains open everyday from 10 am to 5 pm (last entry at 4 pm). The Folon exhibition is accessible during this time slot. No reservation necessary. The shop is still currently closed.